Friday, July 8, 2011

Book Signing

The book signing yesterday went great! I really appreciated everyone who came to get the book and listen to my talk! I hope you guys enjoy the book and let me know your thoughts!
Way more people than I expected came to the talk, some of which I had never met before which was a pleasant surprise. It's not often that you see many people at once together in Second Life, so I was glad that I was able to pull in a substantial audience. I gave a brief talk about what my book was about and some of the major points. If I had more time I would have enjoyed providing a supplemental talk concerning some of the topics I had to cut because of length (i.e. currency, comparisons between Christian, Muslim and Jewish merchants and goods, etc.). If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to discuss some of the topics with you!




We had a great question and answer session. I enjoyed the questions people asked and the discussions they generated afterwards. Getting people interested in discussing al Andalus is one of my goals so I was happy to see people talkative!
I hope that everyone will continue to come to our events. We have quite a few lined up for the summer!
--Artemisia

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home